- Drafting patent specifications
- Invention review and pre-filing advice
- Filing patent applications in the UK, Europe and internationally
- Navigating the patent application process through to acceptance
- Patent term extensions
- Providing patentability and product freedom to operate searches and opinions
- IP audits and invention harvesting
- Patent due diligence and advising on patents related to transactions
- Patent watches and monitoring competitor’s patent portfolios
- Monitoring and maintaining a patent portfolio with strategic review and advice
- Defending patents from third party challenges, including opposition and revocation proceedings
- Infringement opinions and advice on enforcing patent rights
- Patent litigation — enforcement and defence
- Advising on commercial agreements including assignments, licences, securities and co-ownerships
- Restoration of patents
- IP awareness and staff training
We've got it covered
Click on the sections below to find out more about patents and how we can help.
A patent is a valuable business asset and an important commercial tool, and can be used in many different ways.
In order to be awarded a patent, an invention must be ‘novel’ and ‘inventive’ at the date it is filed.
The procedure for obtaining a patent in the UK can be broadly divided into five main stages: filing, search, publication, examination and grant.
You must file separate patent applications in each country where protection is required. There are options for making the process of obtaining multiple international patents more straightforward, efficient and cost effective.
Any person will also infringe your patent if they sell, offer for sale, import, export or use any product or process that falls within the scope of your patent.
Get in touch
Fill out our contact form and one of our team will be in touch.
Alternatively, you can contact us directly and speak to a member of our specialist team.