Our site is operated by Urquhart-Dykes & Lord LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales with registration number OC307196. Our registered office is at Arena Point, Merrion Way, Leeds, LS2 8PA, United Kingdom ("we", "us", “our”, “UDL”).
Reliance on information posted
The information and materials contained within our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information or materials contained within our site by any visitor or by third parties who may be informed of any of its contents.
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we:
- exclude all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which are or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the our literature; and
- exclude all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any website linked to it or any materials posted on it. This includes, without limitation, direct loss of income or revenue; loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised us of the possibility of such potential loss); loss of anticipated savings; loss of goodwill; damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
Links to this website
You may not create a link to our site without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to our site, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of our site by linking to it. To request our consent for creating a link to our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links from this website
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties such links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply.
Notification of changes
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our site; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Content Management System (CMS)
Our website is built in a CMS, cookies are essential to determine whether a user is a guest, or, an admin. Cookies set by our CMS: CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN, HCCSESH.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. It helps us see how many people are using our site, and helps us improve the site by analysing the way people navigate through it.
We want to provide online services that are easy to use, useful and reliable. This can involve placing cookies on your computer or other device. Google Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, telephone number and email address;
- any other information that you choose to send to us; and
- other information.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- respond to requests for information made by you;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- improve our products and services;
- send you general commercial communications;
- send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to:
the payment of a small fee; and
the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Urquhart-Dykes & Lord LLP. Our data protection registration number is Z6242488.